What to Expect
We want to make the process of meeting a financial adviser much less scary. It has been our experience that simply knowing what to expect can alleviate many concerns. So, when meeting with Wayne Firebaugh for the first time, here is what you can expect.
- We are NOT prepared to sell you anything or recommend any particular strategy. Let's face it, we hardly know you well enough to suggest workable solutions to your problems.
- We are NOT prepared to charge you anything. Finding your financial adviser is a little like dating - you might have to see several before you find the one who gets you! So, the first meeting is on us. If we both decide to move forward, we will make these commitments:
- You will understand exactly what we're going to do;
- You will understand how we get paid; and,
- You will have time to think about it (please sleep on it) and ask questions.
- We ARE prepared to spend time talking about you, your present financial condition, and what you hope to achieve. Please bring your most recently filed tax return and your investment statements together with any other documents that concern you. We will use these documents during our discussion to provide clarity and context.
- We WILL provide a different perspective made possible by more than twenty years of experience serving people just like you. During that period of time, we have found very few situations that are truly hopeless.